BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions has chosen to combat climate change by reducing its own carbon footprint. All of our entities are fully committed to limiting their environmental impact and reporting progress on a quarterly basis to ensure agreed objectives are met.
Combating climate change
- To reduce the environmental footprint of what we do
Our priority actions:
- To reduce our paper consumption
- To reduce our CO2 emissions
- Reduce our paper consumption by 15% compared with 2012
- Recycle 55% of our waste paper
- Reduce our CO2 emissions by 10%
- Increase our use of certified recycled paper to 60% for internal documents
- Use 100% certified paper for our customer documents
A sustainable company
BNP Paribas is ranked 5th most sustainable company in the CAC40, the French stock exchange, and is number 35 in the Corporate Knights ranking of the 100 most sustainable companies in the world.
We’ve achieved the Carbon Trust Standard
BNP Paribas in the UK has achieved the Carbon Trust Standard for carbon management. This is formal recognition of the Group’s reduced environmental impact. To achieve certification, we had to show a reduction in carbon emissions compared to 2013, and undergo a qualitative assessment.