As such, we would like to provide you with transparent information about how we place, use and store cookies on your device when you use our website (the “Website” and/or “Application”). This Cookies Policy will also explain what cookies are and help to provide you with the options to manage and/or delete them.
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies may be either: (i) session specific, meaning that they are deleted from your device once the session and browser are closed; or (ii) persistent meaning that they will remain on your device until they are removed.
Cookies perform a number of useful functions, such as to:
- Authenticate and identify you on our Website and/or Application in order to provide you with services that you have requested;
- Enhance the security of the Website and/or Application, including to prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from access by unauthorised parties;
- Monitor your use of our Website and/or Application in order to improve them;
- Enhance your user experience by adapting and tailoring the content on the Website and/or Application to your interests and providing more relevant BNP Paribas ads and content to you on non-BNP Paribas websites and non-BNP Paribas applications;
- Remember information that you have provided to us (e.g. to automatically populate forms with information that you have previously provided to us so that you can log on more quickly);
- Keep track of your preferences and settings in your use of our Website and/or Application (e.g. time zone etc.) and;
- Send you personalised advertising notably based on your browsing history and your preferences on line;
2. What kind of information can be stored in a cookie?
The information stored by the cookies on your device may relate to the following, subject to their retention period:
- the webpages you have visited on that device;
- the advertisements you have clicked on;
- the type of browser you use;
- your IP address; and,
- any other information that you have provided on our Website and/or Application.
3. What kinds of cookies do we use and for what purpose?
Cookies used on our Websites and/or Applications are classified into different categories set out below. Please note that some of these cookies are placed on your device by third parties. We provide further details regarding these third party cookies and how you can manage your preferences in respect of these types of cookies in sections 4 and 5 below.
4. In this context, who places the cookies on your device (for example the companies of BNP Paribas Group or a partner)?
When you select which types of cookies you allow on your device, the cookies may be deposited directly by us or by one of our partners.
From a practical point of view, this means that when “third-party” cookies are placed on your device, our partners will also be able to access the information the third-party cookies contain (such as, for example, your browsing statistics when you allow third-party analysis cookies). We have set out below a list of the third party providers that we use and a brief summary of the type of cookies they use. If you would like further information about such third-party cookies, we strongly recommend that you check the websites of any such third parties and their privacy policies for more information about their cookies and how you can manage them.
- Linkedin’s cookies policy
- Google’s cookies policy and Google Analytics’ cookies policy
- HubSpot cookies policy
5. How can you manage cookies?
To see the different categories of cookies that we use on the Site and/or Application and configure your choices, you can consult the cookie management module accessible by clicking on the button below. You can modify your preferences (for example, withdraw your consent and/or reconfirm your consent) at any time.
Please note that the use of strictly necessary cookies, which are cookies which are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the Website and/or Application does not require your consent. This is why the option “strictly necessary cookies” is pre-checked in our cookie management tool and is not optional.
By refusing certain types of cookies (preference cookies for example), we will not be able to optimise your user experience on our Website and/or Application some parts may not function properly.
By default, in relation to persistent cookies, we save your cookie choices on a device for a maximum of 6 months. If you change your mind about the preferences you have expressed regarding cookies, you can update your choices at any time, by following this link. We will ask you to make a choice again every 6 months.
6. Further information