BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions UK 2018 Gender Pay Gap
At BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions we’re passionate about fairness and inclusion. We’re following through with solid actions to ensure that we develop all of our talent, eradicate gender inequality and achieve gender balance at every level of our organisation.
Median pay gap
BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions median pay gap is 28.9%.
The key reason for the gender pay gap is that there are a greater proportion of men in more senior roles (31% women vs 69% men). The positive news is we have a strong pipeline of talented people within our business and the majority of them are women. We need to develop all of our talent and remove any barriers to women moving up through the organisation. Secondly, women are currently under represented in our sales team, where roles typically attract higher rates of pay.
Median bonus gap
In terms of bonuses, everyone at BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions UK receives an annual bonus based on two key criteria – eligibility on joining and providing they are not working their notice period at the time of bonus payment. Any variation in 100% payment for either men or women is therefore related to new joiners or leavers.
The requirement to calculate the gender bonus gap on actual bonuses paid without adjustment for part-time working materially affects the bonus gap. We actively promote flexible working for all. Currently, 12% of our colleagues work part-time and 100% of them are female. If the calculation was adjusted to reflect part-time working our gender bonus gap would reduce from 37% to 33%.
What we are doing to address the gender pay gap
We have a number of initiatives designed to help affect the cultural and organisational change required to ensure equal representation of men and women across the business. We will continue, in collaboration with our teams, to strive for gender balance across BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions UK. Here are some of the initiatives:
- Briefing external recruitment partners to submit gender-balanced shortlists for all roles.
- Interviewing at least one woman for each role, or providing a valid reason why not.
- Training hiring managers in interview skills to reduce bias in decision-making.
- The RISE Programme, a mid-career curriculum for women to address retention and career development.
- Including at least one woman on each succession plan, and supporting the implementation of meaningful development.
- A gender balanced company-wide Mentoring Programme to help the development of our talented employees, with the objective of progressing them within the company.
- Creating a supportive culture for colleagues with family responsibilities through our Flexible Working Policy, Shared Parental Leave Policy and enhanced parental leave benefits.
- Implementing a returners programme to aid maternity returners back to work.
- Increasing activity through the MixCity Network to encourage debate and deliver practical skills.
- Embedding training for new managers to manage diverse teams and lead inclusively.
- Open invitation workshops to discuss gender pay gap results, BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions UK strategy re gender balance and identify actions to address.
To view the BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions UK gender pay gap report click here.
I confirm the information and data reported is accurate as of the snapshot date 5 April 2018.
Jean-Michel Boyer UK Country Manager